Sunday, July 15, 2007

PHILADELPHIA GLBT FILM FEST DAY THREE

Roaming reporter "Overture" is in the field in Philly and just interviewed Philly's Star of Tommorow (Rising Star Award) actor and all around renaisance man Charlie David.


Look on the website for this interview soon!

Now for his review of Itty Bitty Titty! He is apparently a BIG FAN!

Saturday, July 14, 2007
ITTY BITTY TITTY COMMITTEE
Prince Music Theater


"I’ve never seen a lovelier group of lesbians in my life," exclaimed the festival worker introducing "Itty Bitty Titty Committee".I have to admit, she was right. The crowd was full of excitement as they awaited the festival premiere of ‘Committee’. And for a change, the excitement lasted throughout the screening.

Power Up Film’s "Itty Bitty Titty Committee" (I’m sorry. It’s just so much fun to say) is an incredibly well written tale about a group of women known as the C(i)A, a small group of women who stage acts to shed light on society’s harmful, misogynistic view of women. It follows Anna (Melonie Diaz), an out-lesbian who works for a plastic surgeon and her journey into a life of enlightenment, empowerment, and revolutionary acts.

Director Jamie Babbit, who has directed many episodes of television shows that I simply love, continues to show that she is a voice to be heard in the world of feature films. Energetically directed, written, and edited, ‘The Itty Bitty Titty Committee’ had me leaving the theater wishing that I could go in and see it again.

The characters are strong three-dimensional people, each having flaws and strengths that are entirely believable. All the actors should be commended for being at the top of their game in this film, with special notice given to Carly Pope, whose role of Shuli just stole the show for me.

I challenge anyone to see this film and not look at Washington DC, especially the Washington Monument, in a different way. I challenge anyone to see this movie and not look at women’s magazines in a different way. I challenge anyone to see this movie and not see the issue of "Gay Marriage" in a different way. Hey, I challenge anyone to find this movie. See this movie. Love this movie. ‘Cause I’m sure they will be glad they did.

"Overture"

We will be trying to get an interview with director Jamie Babbitt also since this film is the Awards Night Show for Outfest!

No comments: