Wednesday, August 1, 2007

OUTFEST CLOSING NIGHT

KISS THE BRIDE
Orpheum Theatre


“Kiss the Bride” Why oh why didn’t you open Outfest I am a HUGE fan of C. Jay Cox’s previous film “Latter Days,” and he continues to impress me with his follow-up film “Kiss the Bride.” He still suffers from not being able to keep up with the actors (i.e. you knew a joke was going to happen way before it finally did), but it’s not a huge problem to the point of distraction or annoyance. This film was beautifully cast, I honestly cannot say anything bad about the actors or casting. I especially have to give major props to Tori Spelling for putting out a performance that to be honest I have never seen from her. I am now a huge fan of hers and hope she continues to make films for years to come. The story is very crisp, clear and hilarious. Without giving away too much, let’s just say the ending was VERY refreshing to see in a romantic comedy. The overall reaction from the audience was absolute joy and appreciation for the film. All in all, this was a great way to end a very busy Outfest this year, but I think this would have been a better way to open the festival with a giant bang. I cannot wait for this to come out on DVD, I will be sure to purchase it!

No comments: